Roczniki Biblioteczne. Czasopismo poświęcone kulturze książki i komunikacji piśmiennej [Library Annals: The Journal of the Book and Written Communication Culture] is a Polish scientific journal, which publishes original academic articles, source materials, reviews of specialised works and reports on academic occasions. Works published in the journal deal with not only Polish but also foreign problems, chiefly in the Central-European context. The journal is mainly addressed to academics conducting research into the book culture and includes works on the following topics:
- the theory and methodology of book studies, library science and related fields;
- the history of books and libraries;
- the dissemination of knowledge and information via various channels and media in the past and present;
- modern librarianship with special focus on research libraries;
- the training of library and book workers;
- the issues of publishing and bookselling in the past and present;
- book arts;
- the issues of reception of literary or other written works.
The content of Roczniki Biblioteczne is indexed by ERIH PLUS, Polska Bibliografia Bibliologiczna [Polish Bibliological Bibliography], Polska Bibliografia Literacka [Polish Literary Bibliography], The Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities (CEJSH) and Index Copernicus.
From R. 52 (2008) full texts of Roczniki Biblioteczne are available on Czasopisma Naukowe w Sieci (CNS) [Academic Journals on the Web].
- ISSN: 0080-3626
- Editor: Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Wrocławskiego
- Frequency: annual